Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Marina Siritis Interview


I read a wonderful interview with Marina Sirtis, who played Deanna Troi on Star Trek: The Next Generation, and I liked her viewpoints on plastic surgery which happen to be the same as mine! I really cannot stand this trend that actors have of completely reconstructing their faces to the point of being unrecognizable! What is the point, they looked great before and would look great if they could age gracefully, what is wrong with that?
From the interview:

In a new interview with Kougar Magazine, Marina Sirtis lets her hair down and discusses everything from her career and the expectations of Hollywood, to middle-aged sexuality. “And I’m like, okay, first of all,” explained Sirtis, “when you’ve been ugly, if you had said to me when I was 12, you’re going to be a sex symbol when you’re older, I would’ve laughed and said, ‘Are you high?’ So, to me it’s like a huge compliment. And especially as I’m older. I was in my thirties when I became a sex symbol; it wasn’t something that happened when I was young. And I think it’s great. I mean, I really think it’s great. However, the body, it was hard to maintain!”There’s a downside to maintaining that image, the necessity for many actresses to undergo plastic surgery. Sirtis had her own plastic surgery, but regrets it now. “Well, first of all, it doesn’t make sense for actresses,” she said. “It doesn’t make sense for actresses to have plastic surgery because there’s no point in looking forty when you’re sixty because you know what? They’re gonna hire somebody who’s forty.I love her common sense approach to things and her dry sense of humor when discussing topics. She is so funny in interviews in real life which is the complete opposite of her character in Star Trek!
You can read the interview HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment