Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Treasure Box Wednesday: Pastels, Prints and Posies

A quick trip through one of my favorite local thrifting routes brought a few nice vintage surprises I wanted to share with you.

It was an early start, and one of the places closest to home wasn't going to be open yet. So I popped by Rossi's Pop-up Flea Market in North Versailles. Which presented a purchase of such pleasing proportions I could not pass...

I'm guessing the courting couple there in this 30s romantic print may be Romeo and Juliet-- before the downer ending. The landscape has a bit of Italian flair to me. What do you think?

At the L&L Fleatique, I got this pretty but watermarked print by Annie Benson Miller...
It was framed and extremely inexpensive because of the damage. Yet, I know I can either add a little bit of matte, or hang it with a vintage scarf dangling off one side, and the soft aesthetics of the piece won't be ruined a bit!

I just thought the imagery was charming, and the size of the piece is quite large.
Folks who read Sunday's post know I got a little haul on Hull pottery... With the two pieces on the left...
And lastly, the day was sweetened by an iridized pink candy dish. I love the creamy color to the pink. And as fall sets in, and gloom overcomes the Pittsburgh region, I tell you, I can use all the sparkle I can get.
Wishing you a week that is easy on the eyes, the nerves and the wallet, as we wave a fond farewell to the summer season.

No comments:

Post a Comment