Thursday, August 4, 2011

Kinza Tyrrell in Italy

Dr. Kinza Tyrrell
VO's Principal Repetiteur, Dr. Kinza Tyrrell, was recently in Italy, working on the VOIS adaptation of Hansel & Gretel.

In my two weeks in Sulmona, Italy, I have seen amazing sights and eaten amazing food which have inspired my adaptation work with Hansel & Gretel.

Doppio espresso macchiato!
The picture of the empty coffee cup is a typical scene from my point of view as I sit at a cafe after having had my quick doppio espresso macchiato (they don't linger over the drink like we do...) and my internet access slip so that I can enjoy free Wi-Fi while watching people make the morning passaggiata along the main street.

Festival di Fiori flower boxes
The old church that you see is right across the street from my regular cafe.  They decorated it all with flower boxes for their 'Festival di Fiori' while I was there.  At night time, these Annunziata steps are filled with young people as they hang out during the evening passaggiata (or 'walk-about')

Inspiration for Hansel & Gretel
This mountain lake is 20 or so kilometres away from Sulmona in a small lake town called Scanno.  They sell world famous biscotti and filigree laced jewellry there.  This scenery was particularly inspirational when working on the forest scene in Hansel & Gretel.

The Hansel & Gretel school tour runs September to November 2011 and February to March 2012. If you're a teacher and are interested in booking the show for your school, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment