Monday, October 26, 2009

Time to Change to Standard Time!

San Diego Trolley at the edge of AmericaImage by LA Wad via Flickr

We changed time this weekend back to Standard Time and there is an awesome WEBSITE
I like to visit to see what time it is in various parts of the world. I am so glad we changed time because I am an early riser and lately it was just too dark in the mornings. I like to go out on my bike rides or do chores around the house so I have more time in the day to get it all done if you know what I mean. The odd thing living on the border with California is they change time a week later so when I look from my balcony over to San Diego, I can see that we are sharing the same sunlight but they are one hour ahead of the time I am experiencing. I often muse on this idea that on the Earth we are really existing together at the same time but experiencing different shades of light and time. Can you imagine when we finally have contact with other worlds with sentient life how we are going to tell time and what there measure of time will be like? I like for example, that Bajor on Star Trek:DS9 has a 26 hour day, however, time on the star ships is kept in terms of stardates. Well, getting back to reality, what is odd to me, though, is to be literally a few meters from another country and have different time zones. We will synchronize in one week, but for that one week it is crazy because so many people cross the border daily and they expect me to be in my office at a certain time. During the summer we have a month in which we share an hour difference but most of us have grown used to the difference.
Well, I am glad we are on Standard Time here in Mexico and I believe Europe and Russia also switched this past weekend as well!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment