Saturday, September 17, 2011

Frankenstein (TV 2007)


I watched a movie for television called Frankenstein(2007) clearly based on the novel by Mary Shelley who wrote her story in the early 1800s. I was hesitant to watch yet another movie about Frankenstein, but this was surprisingly interesting and I enjoyed the acting of Helen McCrory who played a scientist interested in stem cell research and grieving over the death of her son. The movie more or less follows the theme of the novel that there can be unintended consequences that come with experimentation and new procedures. I liked the movie, it was fun, but I think I liked the movie because I enjoyed the novel and was comparing and remembering the written story. Sometimes no matter what you do, there is no substitute for the imagery of a well written novel.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment