Monday, October 18, 2010

The Horror Movies Saw I - VI

I rarely blog about horror movies even though I enjoy watching them, and I just watched all of the Saw movies in sequence and I have to say that I have not seen such a great series in a while. These movies are not for viewers who are squeamish about watching blood and guts, mutilation, and screams. I loved every minute of each movie and I enjoyed how Jigsaw wanted each player of the game to learn a lesson and appreciate life. That sounds a little crazy coming from a horror movie of this nature but it works well and in some cases I am glad the player dies, but that is just me. I also love the character Amanda who in the first movie managed to free herself from one of the Jigsaw traps. I wish she could have continued on in all of the Saw Franchise movies as a major character because I liked her better than the detective who later took over for Jigsaw. She appears only in flashback scenes in Saw V and Saw VI.
I love this time of year when Halloween is approaching and I get to watch all of my favorite horror films like Carrie, Christine, Friday the 13th, Halloween, Jeepers Creepers, etc, but this year I am going to have a marathon of the Saw movies because they ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment