Monday, October 11, 2010

thank you, telstra. / {Echo} entry

click for more entries --> {Echo} Week 23 - Minimalist
I was making one of those odd-hour visits to the lab (click here to find out what I do) because I wanted to work my mind off things. I was feeling in limbo. I get like that when I am distressed, or when things are out of routine or beyond my control.

On my way to work, I managed a glance at the Telstra Tower.

And then, I had a sudden moment of epiphany:-

Lately, I have been wanting to do so many things that I started losing focus on what mattered. I lost track of what I had to do and got myself confused between my wants and needs. Distractions, emotions and obligations were starting to feel like a handful.

When I saw the Telstra Tower, I realised how much it stood out against the sunset. Against everything.

It was then that it hit me -- I lacked focus. It didn't matter what I wanted to do as long as I focused on one thing at a time. I decided to minimise my goals. I didn't need to be an excellent PhD student, read every book in the world and be the uno numero housewife to myself, all at the same time.

Tsk tsk. I live to disprove the fact that women are said to be good at multi-tasking. Well, either that or I am a man!
Zen-ned, xo



No comments:

Post a Comment