Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Treasure Box Wednesday: Cut-Price Clip Art

It's been kind of a rough week for me in the ol' offline world, as my dad has spent it in the hospital and my mind has spent it swirling around, distracted. But I did get a little mental break by hitting Half Price Books, and that's where I uncovered some really fun Dover clip-art CDs in vintage advertising, antique textiles and Celtic pattern themes.

The vintage advertising particularly made me happy. Not only are there royalty-free vintage images I can use here on the blog to make things pretty for you folks...
But I noticed one of the illustrations was actually from George Hood, an early 1900s artist who was considered one of the very best who worked in the Maxfield Parrish style...
I actually have a book illustrated by him, and I love the rich colors and fairytale type imagery.

I will have fun, too, playing around with some of these elaborate Celtic patterns...
And the textiles should be really useful for backgrounds. Possibly even a little tweak to the blog?...
So, that's what's in the Treasure Box this week! Thanks much for stopping by-- as always! The blog would be nothin' without you good folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment