Monday, November 2, 2009

Movie Commentaries

Counselor Deanna TroiImage via Wikipedia

I read in Trek Today that Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi) and Jonathan Frakes (Will Riker) teamed up to do the commentary on the new DVD release of the movie Star Trek: Insurrection. I found it interesting that Sirtis mentioned that her favorite of the TNG movies was First Contact and I have to agree, I loved the history of Star Trek in the movie, the action, and most of all the humor, but I digress. I have listened to directors and actors comment on episodes and movies in the past and I think I prefer to hear the comments from the actors. It feels like it is a critique of their work and gives me a unique perspective of how they prepared for a scene, if they rehearsed or not before shooting a scene, how the costumes felt, how it was to work with fellow actors, etc. It reminds me of when I was in University and had to critique my own writing or art work and then listen to others comment and give criticism or praise. It is a fun process and you learn what things need to change and how to improve yourself for future projects.
The only thing I don't like is when they re-release the movie with that special feature so I will buy it again. Since I already have the DVD I doubt very much I will buy a duplicate just to hear the commentary. Oh well. However, it is a bonus feature I do enjoy and hope the actors will continue to comment on their work more often in the future.
Here is a link to the article,
Enjoy your Day!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment